[Tagging] Feature proposal - Voting - Water tap

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 08:38:57 UTC 2015

Hi Kotya,

Thank you for this proposal and for the work around to complete it.

In my opinion, and I'm sorry for rough words, it's a bit useless because of
lack of consistency with many other tags.
Such water taps may be part of larger networks with many kind of features.

Building a proposal for each particular feature will result in many
different keys (man_made, natural, water, drinking_water) where one or two
may do the trick.
Some of these keys (like man_made) are used just because we don't have any
other dedicated key.
The reflection should be done globally to get a consistent tagging scheme.

I know any network like water networks are difficult to understand since
most of them are hidden underground but we can start with any visible stuff
everyone can see.

I vote yes but this will automatically need a refinement.

All the best.

*François Lacombe*

fl dot infosreseaux At gmail dot com
www.infos-reseaux.com