[Tagging] bicycle:lanes=designated|... vs cycleway:lanes=lane|...

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 12:45:24 UTC 2015

> I would not. IMO bicycle:lanes is an access Tag while cycleway:lanes
> defines es the type. So one could have cycleway:lanes:forward=none | lane
> and bicycle:lanes:forwad= yes | designated , for example.

That's correct. AFAIK it is common understanding, that some kind of way
with access tags bicycle=designated and vehicle=no (or similar) is more or
less identical to a cyclelane.

My problems with cycleway:lanes=...|lane|none|... are:
* The value none is not specified for the key cycleway
* The tag cycleway=lane tells use, there is a cyclelane, but it doesn't
tell us where.

Best regards,
Martin