[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - addrN:*

Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at
Thu Jan 15 01:46:56 UTC 2015

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_Features/addrN

I once made a proposal for multiple addresses, which I think was fairly
eleborate, but too complex. This is now a simplified version, and hopefully
more acceptable. This tagging scheme is already in use (e.g. > 7000
occurances of addr2:housenumber), but unfortunately limited to one country
or so, due to a lack of international communication and documentation. I
hope that this proposal will get it a wider audience, and that application
support will subsequently improve.