[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Cluster

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 09:58:21 UTC 2015

I encourage you to proceed with this proposal. It is, to my mind, long
overdue. Currently, tags that are placed on a relation do not propagate to
its members, which is a major shortcoming in my opinion. I have been
frustrated many times by this: tagging a named icefield containing
individually named glaciers, naming a tennis complex with more than one
cluster of courts, and as in one example from your proposal, naming a
cluster of lakes that have no individual names, only a name for the whole
group.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Friedrich Volkmann <bsd at volki.at> wrote:

> On 15.01.2015 02:40, Michael Kugelmann wrote:
> > I for myself would put all related objects inside a multipart relation
> and
> > add the attributes (key/values) to that relation. For my understanding
> > that's at least one thing what multipart relations are for... (except for
> > e.g. making holes into areas)
>
> Do you refer to this proposal:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Multipart ...?
>
> --
> Friedrich K. Volkmann       http://www.volki.at/
> Adr.: Davidgasse 76-80/14/10, 1100 Wien, Austria

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand