[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Cluster

Никита acroq3 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 15:41:02 UTC 2015

You should include tag this meaning "enable/disable inheritance
(propagation) of tags to all its memebers". This is main difference
between Relation:street and Relation:associatedStreet.
Sometimes you need this feature, but sometimes not.
1. inherit tags from parent relation
2. don't
3. unspecified

Also you need tag to suppress all tags that are used at its members in
order to keep data consistent (name=* is different for relation, who do you
trust?)
1. trust relation
2. trust members
3. unspecified

Many mappers fail to realise need in separate tag for this and countlessly
fight "we don't need addr:street=*", "we don't need
Relation:associatedStreet" at tagging list and wiki pages.