[Tagging] waterway=wadi problem

Richard Z. ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 12:02:01 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 11:41:26AM +0900, johnw wrote:
> I strongly disagree. A wadi is usually only an active river through very rare flash flood events, and almost never any other time.  Entire biomes are defined by the presence of (and situated in) a wadi.

how about reading wikipedia?
<<
Wadi (Arabic: وادي‎ wādī) is the Arabic term traditionally referring to a valley. In some cases, it may refer to a dry (ephemeral) riverbed that contains water only during times of heavy rain or simply an intermittent stream.

I consider a wadi a geologic feature. In addition to the above wadis are expected
to carry underground water.

Richard