[Tagging] Ethnic shops

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 13:23:10 UTC 2015

This, and already the existing tagging for restaurant cuisine have a basic
flaw. They only work in a few countries of the West.
If you think about it, most likely al restaurants in China would have to
have cuisine=chinese, or all grocery stores in Marocco would have to be
labelled convenience=north_african or whatever.
Basically you want to label restaurants/shops only if they offer something
different from what's the typical local fare.

I have no proposal, I am just observing.