[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - addrN:*

Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at
Mon Jan 19 09:39:08 UTC 2015

On 18.01.2015 22:23, Markus Lindholm wrote:
> I think that comes down to how addresses are viewed, either as a
> proper feature in their one right or as an attribute to some other
> feature.

Yes, that's the crux.

> I think addresses are proper features, so a distinct address
> should be found only once in the database.

And I see it the other way. Addresses are just attributes. It may pendend on
the country, I don't know. In Austria and most certainly in entire central
Europe, an address is always bound to a building, apartment or strictly
delimited plot of land. An address cannot exist on its own. Every address
includes a housenumber, indicating that there's a house. There are no
addresses in the midst of a lake or somewhere in the cliffs.