[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - addrN:*

Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at
Mon Jan 19 10:33:16 UTC 2015

On 19.01.2015 10:41, Andrew Shadura wrote:
> On 19 January 2015 at 11:08, Friedrich Volkmann <bsd at volki.at> wrote:
>> That's wrong, as I've already explained in another message. When you write a
>> letter to an address in Austria using a conscription number, you MUST omit
>> the street name. Otherwise the letter will be returned as undeliverable.
>
>> Similarly, the official address at a given time either contains a
>> street+housenumber or a conscription number, not both. In villages where
>> street+housenumber combinations are introduced, the conscription numbers
>> become officially invalid. The reason why we want to keep them in OSM is
>> that conscription numbers often remain in use for a long time, and the
>> conscription number plates often stay in place (see photos in the proposals).
>
> Both statements are actually untrue.

I have been living in this country for all my life, and I worked at a post
office for some months. So you can safely believe my statements. But all you
mind to say it that it's all untrue. Well, maybe you also say that the
heliocentric system is untrue, and that Man was created 4000 BC. I hope you
are fine in your universe.