[Tagging] Tagging road illumination quality

SomeoneElse lists at atownsend.org.uk
Tue Jan 20 01:42:25 UTC 2015

On 20/01/2015 01:21, Warin wrote:

> As a camera/light meter should try to reproduce the human eyes
> response I'd think it would be a good approximation - certainly
> acceptable compared to a subjective human assessment of
> 'bright/good/bad/average'.

Perhaps what you need to do is to make some measurements (using a
smartphone or old-style lightmeter) over a period of a couple of weeks,
at night in both cloudy and non-cloudy weather conditions, and with both
full and no moon.

Write that up as a diary entry, and then people will be able to
reproduce what you've done to measure illumination elsewhere?

Cheers,

Andy