[Tagging] AddrN

Dmitry Kiselev dkiselev at osm.me
Tue Jan 20 05:29:36 UTC 2015

 Hi  Clifford  ,

> What I'm trying to understand is why is addrN the solution. Should addr:conscriptionnumber tags be retagged to addrN?

I think, no. This proposal for the new cases, mostly. But if CZ or SK or A community decide to switch for a new one scheme,
conscription numbers could be mapped via addrN.

> Can you describe the root cause of why these structures ended up with two addresses?

Let's imagine that we have a building with facades for 2 or 3 or 4 streets.
Let's go along any of these streets, and mark buildings with numbers without gaps.
In such case building will have 2, 3, 4 addresses.
And they are in use and applied to whole building.
It's how bunch of addresses rows like below appears.
number1-street1-city
number2-street2-city

One more example:
We have a town with some neighborhoods.
And buildings inside neighbor are not arranged into grid.
And in such case people are use scheme like this
number_inside_neighbor - neighbor_ref_number - city
but still buildings have addresses like
number-street-city

Next case:
We have a small town, with some streets which are not strongly arranged into greed
And number - street - city is not cozy, streets may haven't names,
so number-city may become usable.
After town grows up,
there may pop out number-street-city addresses.