[Tagging] Wiki Edit War on using/avoiding semicolon lists

Никита acroq3 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 02:59:03 UTC 2015

You don't know regexes and theory behind them. I don't care about your
one-line perl hacks.
You will never teach your ugly hacks to to OSM users. You are insane to
write these things as argument for using ";".
You will always fail when I add more data to database. There always pattern
that will broke your regex. But you are guy with rope.

I just an idiot who knows that literal sting "payment:efectivo"="yes"
requires no
computational power other than index search.
There no regex to write for "payment:efectivo"="yes" at all. JOSM and
overpass will understand this query right now, without any modification.

> You have to be aware of values like "1", "true", "unknown" etc.
SO WHAT? How this is relevant to ''';" usage in value at all? Have you ever
seen numbers in database? Do you too busy with your regexes? What are you
talking about?

http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/payment%3Acoins#values
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/payment%3Acoins=yes - 26 37395.32%
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/payment%3Acoins=no 1 142 4.13%