[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - addrN:*

Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at
Thu Jan 22 12:53:16 UTC 2015

On 22.01.2015 04:02, John F. Eldredge wrote:
> If you have a "strictly delimited plot of land", with no house currently
> built upon it, but which is intended for later construction, does it have a
> house number?  Or is the address only assigned once a building is built?

When it is already intended for later construction, it usually already has
an address (including house number or conscription number) assigned. But
again, I can only speak of Austria.

So we have three levels of estimated vs. fully surveyed address mapping:
1) address nodes: we know that the address is valid somewhere around that point
2) address as building attribute: we know at least one building where the
the address is valid
3) address as plot attribute: we know the entire area where the address is valid

Of course, the building may occupy the whole plot, especially in cities.