[Tagging] Wiki Edit War on using/avoiding semicolon lists

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 13:07:06 UTC 2015

Rattling on about those bus stops, I have an other example:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/485938967

bus <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:bus?uselang=en-US> yes  highway
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:highway?uselang=en-US> bus_stop
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway=bus%20stop?uselang=en-US>
name <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:name?uselang=en-US> Porte de
Hal - Hallepoort  name:fr
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:name:fr?uselang=en-US> Porte de Hal
name:nl <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:name:nl?uselang=en-US>
Hallepoort  network
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:network?uselang=en-US>
DLVB;IBXL;TECB;TECC;IBXL  operator
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:operator?uselang=en-US> De
Lijn;STIB/MIVB;TEC;STIB/MIVB  public_transport
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:public%20transport?uselang=en-US>
platform
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:public%20transport=platform?uselang=en-US>
ref:De_Lijn 301026  ref:TECB Bsgipha1  ref:TECC Cbxhal1  route_ref
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:route%20ref?uselang=en-US> 27
route_ref:De_Lijn 136;137  route_ref:TECB W;123  route_ref:TECC 365a
zone:De_Lijn 20  zone:TEC 6220
A bus stop served by 3 operators, of which one, there are 2 entitities each
assigning their own identifier.
For operator and network there are ; in those lists and I don't see what's
the problem with those. For ref I don't want to find multivalue. For the
rare occasions where this  occurs (2 stops with different refs from the
same operator), the nodes are duplicated, then grouped together in a
stop_area.

And before anybody says: we don't want those foreign keys in OSM, well the
scripts I'm developing to assist contributors for adding route relations,
heavily depend on them.

Polyglot