[Tagging] Electronic or 'e' cigarettes?

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Thu Jan 22 16:50:49 UTC 2015

> Using "-" instead of "_" goes against a very established tagging practice.

Only for whitespace as far as I know. So I don't see a issue here. I
would even say using _ is wrong.

e_cigarette => "e cigarette"
e-cigarette => "e-cigarette"

> The wiki page is very recent with only two contributors. I wouldn't be
> surprised if "e-cigarette" in the db was also contributed by no more
> than 1-2 mappers. I suggest contacting them to make sure that they are
> ok with "e_cigarette", and then make the change to wiki and db.

I just created the page, because the tag was used (TagInfo), but not
documented. See:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Category:Undocumented_Tags