[Tagging] Electronic or 'e' cigarettes?

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 22 22:13:10 UTC 2015

Am 22.01.2015 um 19:43 schrieb Matthijs Melissen:
> On 22 January 2015 at 18:00, fly <lowflight66 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Well the first page should be under proposal and it should not be listed
>> under shop or if only under some proposal paragraph
>
> Only six shop types have been approved by the wiki/voting process:
> bakery, baby_care, second_hand, seafood, bookmaker, and lottery (and
> seafood is questionable due to not having the required number of
> votes).
>
> Do you suggest to list all other shop types, including well-known ones
> such as shop=supermarket, as 'under proposal'?

No, but it is common sence to introduce tags in proposal name space and
once they are in common use accept them because of it use.

>>> The wiki page is very recent with only two contributors. I wouldn't be
>>> surprised if "e-cigarette" in the db was also contributed by no more
>>> than 1-2 mappers. I suggest contacting them to make sure that they are
>>> ok with "e_cigarette", and then make the change to wiki and db.
>
> There are at least 30 mappers who have used shop=e-cigarette. Almost
> all of them started using this tag *after* user StephaneP imported
> about 80 e-cigarette shops in France.
>
> I also think that e-cigarette would be better than e_cigarette, as the
> - does not represent a space, and "e-cigarette" is a regular English
> word, used for instance in newspapers.

No doubt about the spelling but still prefer a tag without abbreviation
and advertising background. So call it by proper name. In my case
electronic_cigarette=yes.

Cheers