[Tagging] Wiki Edit War on using/avoiding semicolon lists

Никита acroq3 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 22:47:33 UTC 2015

> Presets are a problem [1],[2] and it is not easy to present tag list with
more than 50 tags per object.
This is irrelevant to multivalued keys or multiple subkeys problem actually.

You need to organize 50 variants under some checkboxes or select lists. It
will be hard regardless if we decide to ban semicolon in value or not.

People like to build heiraries in keys, not in values. This was since early
days of OSM, I have countless links at wiki as evidence.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenSeaMap/Seamark_Tag_Values.