[Tagging] Electronic or 'e' cigarettes?

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Fri Jan 23 02:43:01 UTC 2015

On 01/22/2015 08:02 AM, Dave F. wrote:
> Hi
>
> A shop that solely sells electronic cigarettes has been added locally. I
> guess this type of product will be on the increase so I think it's best
> to clarify unified tag, if there's ever been such a thing in OSM :-)
> Checking Tag-info it's 8/6 in favour of electronic_cigarettes over
> e-cigarettes.
>
> To me, electronic_cigarettes is clearer & should be used, but I thought
> it best to discuss first. I don't smoke, are all these power based?

I don't smoke either, but my understanding is that the electronic
cigarette contains a battery-powered heater and a reservoir of
nicotine-containing liquid.  Some are designed to be thrown away once
the battery power and/or liquid are used up, others can have both the
battery and liquid replaced.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.