[Tagging] Wiki Edit War on using/avoiding semicolon lists

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 06:13:09 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 12:22 AM, Никита <acroq3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> we don't need to teach every person how to parse "japanese" from cuisine=mexican;japanese
> using f#$% regexes

In my code editor I can search for "complete word" by ticking a checkbox,
how simple is that ? It will not match japaneseinword or
wordaroundjapaneseword when the checkbox is ticked and I search for
"japanese", but it will find japanese in "chinese;japanese; korean"
Just provide the users a tool with a checkbox "complete word"  or make it
the default if you wish. People writing software for "dummies" will use
this kind of techniques all the time. Hide the internals from the end-users.

regards