[Tagging] Tagging Voting system- time for reform?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 01:37:46 UTC 2015

On 24/01/2015 11:51 AM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote: ON the subject of man_made=tap
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 2:16 AM, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com
> <mailto:pieren3 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Kotya Karapetyan
>     <kotya.lists at gmail.com <mailto:kotya.lists at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     > As of today, a total of 16 votes have been submitted, 11 of them are
>     > approvals. Since 2 weeks have passed and the required number of
>     votes
>     > (15) has been reached, I have closed the voting and will proceed
>     with
>     > clean up.
>

> In fact, the proposal passed the wiki vote ONLY because the three
> people voted no at the
> last minute.  If it were not for those 'no' votes, the proposal would
> have failed.
>
> All that shows in part how dysfunctional the wiki vote system is.

Here here!
It also shows how dysfunctional this group is .. not many of you vote!

I would suggest
1) Continued membership of this group be conditional on voting on at
least half the tags presented for voting over say the last year.
2) Rejoining members be conditional on voting on at least 8 of the next
10 tags presented for voting.
3) Tag voting may only cease when at least 25%? of the tag group members
have voted and 3? weeks have elapsed.
The old saying .. vote early, vote often springs to mind. Be carefull of
the options in No 3 .. if you make the time short and the voting numbers
small people may not be able to meet the conditions of No 1 or No2 !!!!

Yes .. it makes the admin more complex.But it will get some to say
something, and get others off the group. Flame away.