[Tagging] Ford and other river crossing : (was : waterway=wadi problem)

Eric SIBERT courrier at eric.sibert.fr
Sat Jan 24 18:39:21 UTC 2015

> I wonder if there are enough of them to warrant their own bridge=*, as there are so many kinds of bridges. I bet we can put a ford tag on the bridge - it might be a simple solution.

I agree with your suggestion of using boot bridge=yes and ford=yes as it
is usually a bridge but sometime behaves like a ford. I would avoid
flood_prone=yes as it is made to be used when reasonably submerged.
Adding depth=0 (or -0.5 ?) to indicate that the ford aspect is usually
dry. (depth is not really used with bridge=* : 14 over 2400000).

Eric