[Tagging] Deprecation of associatedStreet-relations

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 17:39:04 UTC 2015

But wat is local in the global context of OSM? It seems that, as far as
Belgium is concerned, I'm the only one with an interest to keep using them.
I do think they add some value, especially in a bilingual context like in
Brussels.

But if I'm the only one in the whole (small) country, who am I to try to
keep them?

On the one hand it would be relatively easy to keep them up to date
automatically in Brussels and semi-automatically Flanders, since we are
allowed to use official datasets for integration in these areas.

It seems like the biggest issue the proponents of abolishing aS, is that
it's hard to keep them up-to-date, and that is where the situation is
different over here and in France. Since France (and Spain and the
Netherlands too), have access to address data from cadastre.

On the one hand this means that it becomes possible in these countries to
actually add each and every address to OSM. I think that in such case it
makes sense to not store city names, postcodes and possibly street names
over and over again millions of times.

Polyglot