[Tagging] patron saints

Satoshi IIDA nyampire at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 12:24:38 UTC 2015

+1 to use wikidata.
I had once thinking about same purpose. :)
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/enshrine

But many place of worship in Japanese have multiple dedication gods.
And when we would like to express using semi-colon (;),
multi-lingual approach would be fail into complex array.

e.g.
If a shrine dedicates 3 gods.
in Japanese Kanji = 天照大御神; 月讀命; 素戔嗚尊
in English = Amaterasu-Oomikami; Tsukuyomi-no-Mikoto; Susanoo-no-Mikoto

And each gods has "loc_name", "alt_name", or alternated writings.
I was thinking about "dedication:N" (like Addr:N) once, but it is a bit
troublesome.

>> Speaking of Vatican, i.e. Roman Catholic Church, Mary is Blessed, not
>>> Saint. Her title is Beata Virgo Maria (Beata Vergine Maria in Italian,
>>> Blessed Virgin Mary in English). She is an unordinary Blessed, as she and
>>> her feasts are more important than those of the Saints; anyway, "Saint
>>> Mary" is nothing but a popular name :-)
>>

>>  Are you sure about this? Because I have heard about "Santissima Madre
>> di Dio" (holiest mother of God)
>>
>> My reply was of course kidding. That, in Simone's terms, the Vatican use
>> a popular language ;-)
>> The fact is that in French, we use no such words as "Blessed".
>>

> the correct term in French is "bienheureux ou bienheureuse, le
> qualificatif donné à une personne qui a été béatifiée"
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9atification
>
> cheers,
> Martin

Satoshi IIDA