[Tagging] Lifecycle concepts, "REMOVED"

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste2 at letuffe.org
Fri Jan 30 16:17:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

dieterdreist wrote
> thank you all for your comments, user:RicoZ, the creator of that page also
> agreed and has changed the description.

In fact, the creator of the above mentionned wiki page copy/pasted the page
I originally created to document the removed: prefix here :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:removed

The goal was to describe an allready in use practice about the removed:
prefix which I thought defered from the destroyed: prefix which was intended
for features that once were, but were destroyed, while the removed: prefix
is a more generic case where some mapper discover on the ground that a real
life object in fact does not exists (and that mapper does not know if that
real life object once existed or not), and after removing it, is faced with
another (harmchair) mapper re-adding again that feature.

-----
--
sly, contact direct : sylvain /a\ letuffe o r g
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Sletuffe