[Tagging] To tag "opening_hours=by appointment"

Robin Schneider ypid at riseup.net
Fri Jul 3 18:41:38 UTC 2015

Hi

On 02.07.2015 17:37, André Pirard wrote:
> On 2015-06-30 14:04, Marc Gemis wrote :
>> Everything between quotes is considered a comment, and can contain
>> values in the local language (e.g  123 "nach␣Vereinbarung"
>> <http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/opening_hours=%22nach%20Vereinbarung%22> --
>> German for by appointment)
>> IMHO this means that there is nothing to formalize. This also means
>> that ..."Sa 09:00-18:00 + appointment" is a comment and nothing has to
>> be parsed.
>> This should be  ...; Sa 09:00-18:00; "Sa also by appointment"
>>
>> see
>> also http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_hours/specification  at
>> the bottom.
>>
>> m.
>
> IMVHO, documentation improvement and some sort of formalization is
> needed because:
>
>   * I had asked the same question here before in the same terms
>     ("appointment") and it is asked again
>   * I had overlooked "on appointment"  10 times in a page that states
>     rules in examples "to be grasped"
>   * Key:opening_hours
>     <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_hours>  does not
>     contain the word "comment" and, as I read before, mappers don't have
>     15 min to spend reading the full specification down to the end
>   * comments should be explained in the syntax, including explicitly
>     that they're used to be displayed on user screen, because this
>     example doesn't seem to be the case : /"on appointment"; PH off "But
>     not on public holidays (always closed). You don’t need to write this
>     comment for values in OSM. Documentation purpose only."/"
Sorry for that. As an developer I thought it was nice to describe the language
using features of the language itself.

>   * and probably add "by schedule (see Web page)" for scheduled occurrences
>   * I've had a look at Osmand and, albeit they show opening-hours, they
>     will *not* show opening_hours="by appointment".
>   * if Osmand did not understand the doc, there *is* a problem (IMVHO)
I am working on that but it will take a while. Until then, don’t tag for the
renderer :) https://github.com/osmandapp/Osmand/pull/1192

--
Live long and prosper
Robin `ypid` Schneider