[Tagging] Feature proposal - Voting - Wedding Reception

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 13:58:03 UTC 2015

On 8/07/2015 10:33 PM, André Pirard wrote:
> On 2015-07-08 01:54, Warin wrote :
>> Hi
>>
>> Voting for this 'property' is now open.
>>
>> Wedding Reception Definition: A place where a social event is held
>> after the completion of a wedding ceremony.
>>
>> Note that it is a 'property' rather than a key:value (what I call a
>> sub tag). It may be applied to any key:value examples;
> In LST, it's called an attribute which can be an attribute of the
> object or of another attribute.
> The object is the physical thing that's on-the-so-called-ground.
> This gives the canonical forms:
>> building=yes
>> wedding_reception=yes
> building:wedding_reception=yes
>> leisure=park
>> wedding_reception=yes
> leisure:park:wedding_reception=yes
> but this is incorrect because 'leisure' is not an object.

But park is an object.
Unfortunately OSM mixes objects and functions in various ways that are
not consistent.
Nothing I can do about that with this simple proposal. In fact if
objects and functions were to be organised in some consistant way, there
would be considerable disruption to OSM as it now is! This comes from a
non existent structure to OSM and no documentation to even suggest such
a structure.

> LTS tries to avoid compound definitions and to define atoms like
> wedding and reception separately.

OSM has not.

> But I find that events_venue weird an I prefer simpler reception instead:
> park:reception:wedding=yes

events = birthday parties, conferences, anniversaries ... not just
'receptions'.

events is a function, adding venue makes it an object.

Sorry but I think this leads nowhere....

I would like a 'function' type name ..not an object ... for this
'property' of an object .. be it a park, building etc.

Looks like the voting is against this.
Some against as it would be too numerous.
Others suggest a more numerous coverage would be better.
... there is a conflict here! And that cannot be resolved either way .. :-P