[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Grave

Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at
Fri Jul 10 07:49:20 UTC 2015

> are you aware of the key tomb?
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/tombs

This is just a draft. It should be marked as abandoned, as you have not made
an RFC for 4 years.

> and historic=tomb

This has never been approved. The main tag may be in use, but the tomb=*
subtags are not, except for tomb=tombstone (which according to the page is
"deprecated", although it does not refer to any decision to deprecate that).

> the tag grave=cenotaph that you propose is in contradiction with your definition.

You already pointed that out on 2015-02-05 12:59. There was no answer.

One other issue is that grave=yes is supposed to be used as a main tag. It
is very uncommon to have "yes" values in a main tag. There should rather be
a *=grave main tag with an optional grave=* subtag.

No doubt that we need a tag for graves, but it seems to me that both
proposals went seriously wrong.