[Tagging] highway=crossing/crossing=traffic_signals

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 07:42:15 UTC 2015

I've taken to adding a way on the alignment of the crossing (with
highway=footway+crossing=traffic_signals as tags). This allows them to be
rendered as a orientated feature, rather than just as a node.

I guess the nodes aren't rendered because otherwise you'd have traffic
light symbols dotted all over the place on some junctions. It's hard to
make a coherent render out of single-node features.

Richard