[Tagging] Playground equipment

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 07:07:00 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 21.07.2015 um 03:17 schrieb John Willis <johnw at mac.com>:
>
> It is probably not practical to tag the stairs, ladders, platforms, holes, and other access points that make up the center core of large playground structures,

why not? It is the way to go for me, if I am to add more detail then just "there is a playground".

> but it should be practical to tag, by point or way, what specific equipment is anchored to it : slides, bridges, climbing frames, monkey bars, zip lines, etc

+1, maybe I got this wrong but I thought the proposal was to have these all implicitly covered by the word "structure"

> I would suggest that building=yes be tagged on playground=structure too.

can't see a good reason to do this other then make it visible on osm-carto without style modifications (i.e. tagging for the renderer...).

cheers
Martin