[Tagging] access=designated wiki

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:09:49 UTC 2015

I wonder what

highway=primary; access=designated means. I think JOSM even complains about
this.

Don't you need a type of road that already restricts the access to 1 type
of vehicles for that, such as highway=bicycle ? (although in many countries
that one implies foot=yes, so it isn't well defined in here neither.)

Can't we just get rid of access=designated and only allow designated with a
specific "vehicle" type, such as bicycle=designated or foot=designated ?

regards