[Tagging] access=designated wiki

Hubert sg.forum at gmx.de
Fri Jul 24 13:42:48 UTC 2015

Well, there a ways that are “designated” for specific road users but are not marked explicitly and must be recognized through their design.

For example sidewalks. They are designated for pedestrians and could tag – ignoring the tag it as a sub key discussion – as highway=footway (implying foot=designated).

Same for cycle ways, at least in Germany as you might know (Pictures 1 and 2).

So requiring a way to be marked is too strong for that definition.

Hubert

Picture 1 : http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:RadwegOhneBenutzungspflicht.jpg

Picture 2 : http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:GetrennterRadUndGehweg.jpeg