[Tagging] Disputed area

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Jul 26 22:18:38 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 07/26/2015 11:43 PM, Eric SIBERT wrote:
> <<<Here, you can try out complex things before doing them on the OSM
> database. If you are developing editing clients and automated edit
> scripts, this is very useful ...>>>
>
> I did not do a complex thing.

Yeah, you just did "an awful job considering the number of relations
involved" (your words).

Even in the absence of any kind of sandbox, you should not make changes
to a large number of admin relations just to "try something out".

> Better practice is to ask the contributor to remove it itself.
>
>> as this causes rendering issues: http://i.imgur.com/TZTYlHt.png
>
> Tagging for render?

I think the renderer, in this case, is just one of potentially many
examples where a downstream system is adversely affected by your
experimenting on our main database.

I sincerely hope that your example will not be followed by everyone who
has an alternative suggestion about how to tag disputes. It is reckless
and irresponsible.

Bye
Frederik