[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Reception/Reception_Point/Reception_Area
kotya.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 09:29:51 UTC 2015
After looking at all these proposals and the related discussions, I would
actually strongly suggest going for information=reception:
1) We wanted to avoid confusion between reception as place and reception as
an event and reception as in radio communication, and it is difficult.
2) The word "reception" is actually used in hotels and similar places
*because* in hotels the reception is a welcoming place, so it's kind of
like a reception as in event. Same for big companies (they *welcome*
visitors and even offer tea/coffee). In hospitals and universities, though
the function of the desk is very similar to a company or hotel, they would
normally call it "information".
3) If someone needs help, he would normally go for "information". That's
where you can ask questions, so get help.
- will show up reasonably well for reception (as "i"), so that people will
- avoids all confusion with reception as event and reception as in radio
On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 4:59 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/07/2015 9:47 AM, Warin wrote:
> These are all now open for voting.
> The 'winner' of these will be judged first on the greatest number of yes
> Then the winner will be judged as per the normal proposal rules for
> I think that is the best assessment of the proposals.
> So .. vote 'yes' for the one you think is best.
> You may, of course vote no... even vote no for all .. but give a reason so
> that improvements may be made.
> Closed rejected. Note enough votes.
> Tagging mailing list
> Tagging at openstreetmap.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tagging