[Tagging] RFD tag:shop=camera?

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Wed Jun 3 06:02:50 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-03 at 15:54 +1000, Warin wrote:
> I note on the shop=photo discussion page
> Even though shop=camera redirects here, the description does not
> actually include selling cameras (or similar electronic photographic
> equipment). So do cameras belong into shop=electronics? Aceman444
> (talk) 01:30, 2 August 2014 (UTC)
>
> So do cameras;
> A) belong under shop=photo?
> B) belong under shop=electronics?
> C) or should they have there own shop?
>
> I'm against B).
> Either A) under shop=photo .. with major change to the wiki on
> shop=photo!!! OR C) new shop=camera.

+1

There is a huge difference between a photography store and a
run-of-the-mill electronics store. Even in the primarily digital era,
photography stores would be where one buys film and learns to develop
their own pictures, if so inclined. Not something I'd expect at a Best
Buy or Fry's kind of place.