[Tagging] Changes + additions: shop= photo, hobby, model

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sat Jun 6 23:56:06 UTC 2015

> On Jun 6, 2015, at 10:34 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (table gaming, adventures, Cosplay, ...) in hobby, but in toys. I agree for subtags.

All of those are hobbies. They have dedicated stores for each. They are filled with adults, spending unglodly amounts of money. DnD books and figure painting, and complicated board games sold to adults are not for kids.

Cosplay stores are for adult cosplay hobbyists - 50 bucks for a small accessory - 3 or 400 bucks for an (adult sized) outfit is not a kids hobby.

Ive sold a few of those accessories.

Yes, at the game store, there are a few kids trading pokemon cards. But it is not the main focus of the store.

Toys are for kids. Collectables are for adults (with rare exceptions, like legos).
Saying a person who paints and poses resin models is "playing with dolls" is equally wrong.

I have spent 3 times more on anime goods back when I was an "otaku" than Camera lenses - and i have $10k in gear now.

None of the anime stuff was catering to kids - neither the store nor subject matter.

Hobbies are hobbies.

Javbw