[Tagging] How to tag a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (US:DMV)

John Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Tue Jun 9 21:48:29 UTC 2015

The department that issues drivers' licenses varies from state to state.  
The rules dividing regular drivers' licenses from specialized licenses, 
such as restricted licenses for minors, commercial licenses (needed to 
drive a vehicle for hire, and/or various large vehicles), and motorcycle 
licenses, vary from state to state. Some states have the same department 
handle both vehicle licenses and drivers' licenses, some don't.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot 
drive out hate; only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

On June 9, 2015 4:33:41 PM Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's the difference in handling? When you register your car in Oregon,
> you can drive it across the USA.
> For cases when you can only get a drivers license for inside Oregon we can
> use:
> driver_licensing=yes + driver_licensing:admin_level=4
>  uto, 9. lip 2015. 23:15 John Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com> je napisao:
> In the USA, how it is handled varies from state to state, so there is at
> least one country where it isn't uniformly handled on a national level.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20150609/f040567d/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list