[Tagging] "Pet Relief Areas"

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Wed Jun 10 11:44:32 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-10 at 12:42 +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> Am 10.06.2015 um 11:01 schrieb phil at trigpoint.me.uk:
>
> >> I prefer leash_anchor over lead_hook because it is more generic and easier
> >> to understand.
> > Leash is AE, lead is BE.
>

> thanks for pointing this out. Unfortunately, lead is also a material (Pb), an indication, a clue, etc while leash is almost always used in conjunction with dogs.

One of the quirks of English, different pronunciation. A dog lead comes
from the verb to lead, as does leader.

> What about dog_anchor_point? Sounds more shape neutral than hook to me.

That sounds good, they are usually rings you can tie the dog lead to. A
hook wouldn't be very secure.

Actually it is one of those features that are so common I had not
considered mapping them before, it is something that most food shops
have.

Dog owners do of course also tie dogs to the bike parking bars,
especially if they are more visible from the shop :)

Phil (trigpoint)