[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Donation

Ruben Maes ruben.maes96 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 21:35:29 UTC 2015

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.
Replied inline below.

> Honestly I don't think it's such a good idea to start voting 1 year later
> when there wasn't an ongoing discussion.
>

> I'm not sure about amenity=donation when some things are very different.
> I also feel like bood_bank, sperm_bank (do we want to tag those?) and

I'm not a native English speaker but according to Wikipedia[1] "blood
bank" means a place where blood is stored, not collected. Maybe
there's a difference between BE and AE?

> amenity=social facility would cover most of it and there are other like
> shop=charity etc. So we already have a lot of POIs where you could just add
> donation:*=yes.
> With that in mind limiting the prosoal to those few tags also makes little
> sense, might as well use healthcare=donations then.
>
> donation:facility=mobile makes no sense as we don't tag this. At best this
> could be some HOT tag.

In Belgium there are places where a mobile blood collection team
visits regularly[2]. I've mapped an example[3].

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_bank
[2] http://www.rodekruis.be/wat-kan-jij-doen/geef-bloed/waar-bloed-geven/
[3] https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3586748252