[Tagging] Airport "Pet Relief Areas" (toilet and watering spot for pet and service animals)

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 01:09:43 UTC 2015

On 11/06/2015 10:11 AM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 4:40 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com
>
>     On 11/06/2015 6:17 AM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
>
>         A tag is needed for"inside secure area" or not.... ideas?
>

>     Humm ...
>      'inside'?
>     As in inside a building? Would not that be evident by the building
>     being mapped too?
>
>      'secure area'?
>     If 'inside' then what more security that the walls, door/s window/s?
>     If 'outside' then tag the fence, gates .. what more?
>
>     Self closing doors/gates should be tagged .. usefull for child
>     playgrounds and swimming pools too.
>     Self latching doors/gates should be tagged .. usefull for child
>     playgrounds and swimming pools too.
>     But those should be properties for the relevant door/gate.
>

> Warin: please
> do think and consider before posting.
> Think to the subject at hand: airports.

Opps .. missed the 'Airport' in the subject line - sorry.
> An airport these days has a security barrier. A pet toilet area may be
> located one side or the other.

Got it.

There was a proposal for "amenity
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:amenity>=security_control
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:amenity%3Dsecurity_control&action=edit&redlink=1>
Point or area for tagging of security control." ???
Listed on https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Aeroways
I have not check the proposal ... cannot find it easily.

But Aeroway=secure_area  might be a usefull property tag to have ?
Would have applicatrion to those shops 'inside' the 'secure area'.

Note Just had a vote on reception_desk - opposed .. part reason "needed
but a special case" does not bode well for any "special case" like
airport pet relief areas .. grrrr.
I've replied that a Police Station too is a special case...