[Tagging] Off Topic: alignment point help

johnw johnw at mac.com
Thu Jun 11 23:52:16 UTC 2015

> On Jun 11, 2015, at 5:49 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I also deal with places where the tracings/imports are 2-5 years old, nowhere near aligned to the imagery, has several 20m shifts every few KM, so who knows what is right
>

> yes, that's the main problem, decide what is "right" ;-)
> Do you have GPS traces in this area? They might help in the decision.

Decisions decisions!

(heavily JPEGed to be allowed on the mailing list)

it looks like people riding bikes were also doing traces. There are a lot of traces that follow crosswalks and go into the airport terminals, so I assume people are tracing with their phones. Only a few of the traces follow car paths.

Looking over the imagery, it looks like the imagery is pretty well set already.