[Tagging] Airport power and USB stations

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Wed Jun 17 11:14:20 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk>
wrote:

> On Wed, 2015-06-10 at 18:07 +0100, Craig Wallace wrote:
> >

> > Why does everything have to be a 'station'? A station is a place
> > where
> > trains stop, not where you plug your phone in. Plus it makes the tag
> > unnecessarily verbose, and more prone to errors.
> > Simpler to just tag amenity=device_charging
>
> +1
> or if a subtag on an device_charging=yes/mains/usb.
>
> I would expect an available mains socket is the norm, a USB socket is
> rather fragile for public use.

Yet, I still find these in fairly public places; when I'm traveling, I'll
carry a USB cable that has no data leads for the purpose of charging, just
in case I did something stupid like leave USB debugging on, as juice jacking
<http://www.howtogeek.com/166497/htg-explains-what-is-juice-jacking-and-how-worried-should-you-be/>
is a thing that exists.  I'm not trusting of using someone else's cable to
connect to power, so if I can't use my own data-free USB cable for the
task, nope...