[Tagging] tagging large intersections cross-road sections

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Wed Jun 24 08:51:08 UTC 2015

ASCII art only works with proportional font:

    S   N
    S   N
WWW*WWW*EEE
    S   N
    S   N
WWW*EEE*EEE
    S   N
    S   N

Marc Gemis wrote on 2015-06-24 09:15:
> but this does not work for the cases where there is only 1 OSM way for S & N.
 > Suppose S & N do not form a dual carriage way and the name of the road changes
 > at the crossing, N in the north, S in the South, what do you do then ?

I agree that this is the trickiest situation, so I pick either name from N or S,
preferably the more significant road. Thus the driver coming from E will get
announced "turn left into N, then straight on S".

WWW*EEE
WWW*EEE

Do we have better alternatives? Should we leave the snippet sections unnamed?