[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - wedding_reception

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:36:24 UTC 2015

On 24/06/2015 8:47 PM, André Pirard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For what Marc describes, I've been recommended this
> <https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/344739636> (it's in Belgium).
>
> building
> <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building?uselang=en-US> 	yes
> amenity
> <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:amenity?uselang=en-US>
> events_venue
> <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity=events%20venue?uselang=en-US>
>

> Should they restrict the kind of receptions,
> amenity:event_venue:wedding_reception
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/wedding_reception>=yes/no
> can be added.
> (meaning building:amenity:event_venue:wedding_reception
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/wedding_reception>=yes/no)

That also restricts wedding_reception to amenity:event_venue and I'd not
restrict it that way.

(I note that event_venue is not on the wiki so I am unable to find what
restrictions this would place on its use other than the amenity key.)

It also needs to be used in some parks, gardens, zoos and beaches...

e.g.
leisure=garden
wikipedia:en=Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney
website=www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/
wedding_reception=yes

And beach is the key natural=beach ...