[Tagging] tagging large intersections cross-road sections

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Thu Jun 25 12:32:10 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 12:44:21PM +0300, Lauri Kytömaa wrote:
> Three points here:
> I thought the originally linked video said that they already detect and deal
> with the short sections within intersections and they only tell the correct,
> final, road name. So the problem in this discussion has already been
> solved, for most cases(?) anyway.

Experience with different routing solutions show that THEY have a first
shot heuristic to find those short snippets. Most others dont.

In the end its a heuristic - And as he says - commercial data providers
do tag those snippets as such - why dont we? A heuristic always breaks
on some occasions and we have no solutions.

Flo
     We need to self-defense - GnuPG/PGP enable your email today!