[Tagging] route=foot

SomeoneElse lists at atownsend.org.uk
Sun Mar 1 21:04:48 UTC 2015

On 01/03/2015 20:17, fly wrote:
> Wait a minute, out of the 25,000 over 21,000 have a network=* which
> leads me to the assumption that most should be tagged route=hiking.

What makes you think that?

This is a genuine question, by the way - I suspect at the root of this
might be a difference in the meaning between the English phrases "foot
route", "walking route" and "hiking route", and their nearest
equivalents in other languages.  English can be a bit vague; in many
ways it's a shame that the "base language" of OSM isn't a bit more
German (with some Dutch words for canals and water management thrown in).

Cheers,

Andy