[Tagging] Tagging accepted payments at each toll lane

Jake Wasserman jwasserman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 20:19:41 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Because there is no widespread or useful tagging scheme for tagging each
> lane as separate way?
> And because it would result in a hopeless and pointless clutter?

>> By the time you get to that level of tagging,
>> why not micro map each lane?

My use case here is a routing/directions engine with the ability to
instruct a driver well in advance that EZPass is accepted in the leftmost
and rightmost lanes at an approaching toll, (or wherever they happen to
be). Not to have them figure it out as they approach, only to realize they
may have to cross many lanes to get to the EZPass lanes. I could imagine
extending this to which lanes are passable for trucks.

Micro-mapping the individual lanes would require re-grouping them all and
analyzing the geometry to understand how they are laid out for the toll,
which seems unnecessarily complex given other options.

Thanks,
Jake