[Tagging] Draft Proposed Relationship Area Steps

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 23:23:10 UTC 2015

On 6/03/2015 11:50 AM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> Maybe add position=top position=bottom....
> the direction of the way is fragile.

The incline=up/down is used for that reason on a step way ...

For
Portugal, Lisbon, Queluz_National_Palace - inconsistent width
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4648262

this method would have a minimum of

  3 step ways ..
and one area ..

without a method of indicating a slope on the top and/or bottom ... more
ways?

-----------------
The proposed method uses
4 ways - one top, one bottom and 2 laterals.

That should indicate;
  routable
number of steps
slopes (inclines) at top and/or bottom
handrails
etc.. I cannot see anything it misses.

Yet to add that info to the example .. and would need to survey the
Sydney Opera House steps to get the data.

I've updated the draft with the above.. oh and made clear that the 5
metre minimum is a guide.. not a rule!

Doing the Spanish steps .. Portland steps .. ? meh .. If I have time and
board?