[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Reception Desk

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Sat Mar 7 23:22:18 UTC 2015

> Do you 'navigate' to 'drinking water' or simply look for the closest one?

Depends if I said I will meet someone at drinking water spot xyz or I'm
just looking for some water.

> most would navigate to an address .. then look on the map for parking,
> then look on the map for the closest reception desk

So that's the quality of data you are fine with in OSM? Why do we even
tag house numbers then? Finding the right street and then looking at the
numbers is even easier than this, don't even have to get out of the car.

>  A name of the reception desk would help ... but some of them are for all the firms in that
>  location.

Then why isn't this addressed at all in the proposal? Relations which
could handle this are not mentioned once.

And again how would you name it if it was just one of multiple
recpetions desks for one facility. Facility name => operator=* name=Gate
1? So if the reception has no name then name= stays empty? Do I use the
plant name as operator? Or the company name?