[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Reception Desk

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 11:44:29 UTC 2015

Am 08.03.2015 um 00:51 schrieb Andreas Goss <andig88 at t-online.de>:

>> It should be found because OSM is a geographical database and the
>> reception, or the multiple receptions
>> as you asked before, is/are contained in the campus of the facility.
>
> So bascially most of the time you would just tag amenity=reception_desk without any other tags and that's enough?

for a lot of cases this will indeed be sufficient. If you can't resolve the issue spatially you could use the site relation

> Apart from that you are ignoring buildings with multiple companies and different reception desks,

could in many cases be solved spatially as well (by looking at the enclosing office / shop etc. polygons and their building level, in case you are still using nodes for these I'd suggest  when you get to do micro mapping at the reception desk level you'd better have them converted to areas)

Also I believe most of the time you'll be more interested in the entrance, the reception desk will very likely be close to it.

cheers
Martin