[Tagging] Tagging for an event space / function hall?

johnw johnw at mac.com
Mon Mar 9 07:57:43 UTC 2015

Maybe it would be possible to map the event areas (if known) with area/point tags like event_space=1 and a name or ref, and then basic info (surface, capacity, covered,) and then, um, relate them to the main landuse/amenity object like the garden or event hall ( i dont' know relations). If it is a standard one room kind of place, then I guess it’s possible to just put event_space=yes or whatever like an amenity tag on the location point or area generally, or on the space itself inside the larger landuse.

A convention center could have multiple halls / rooms, and an event could use 1, several, or all of them at once - but having them mapped for the basic understanding of what is possible is the best idea - it doesn’t really matter if an event uses half or all of it, as the invitations and pricing guides will discuss them based on rooms or locations, so it’s best to have those mapped out and represented individually - as that is how people will try to find and orient themselves, or understand what they are renting.

Javbw